5 Reasons You Should Switch to Turkish Towels
It's easy to see why Turkish towels have become so popular - not only do they look great, but they also have so many practical benefits! One of the reasons has to be the obvious aesthetic leg-up they have on traditional towels, but there are also so many practical benefits that keep converts happy. They take up less room in the linen closet, they dry far quicker than your traditional towel (good-bye mildew!), yet they work just as effectively - and this is just the tip of the iceberg. There is so much to love I've compiled a list of the reasons I think Turkish towels are the cat's pyjamas, and you will too.
1. Attractive (let's just get that out of the way).
2. Long lasting. Turkish cotton fibres are the longest in the world, resulting in a sophisticated smooth weave. Longer strands translates to less joins, which naturally creates a far stronger product. Not only that, but Turkish towels actually increase in softness and absorbency the more times they are washed - the opposite of regular bath towels!
3. Versatile. Is it a towel? Sarong? Picnic blanket? Throw? Shawl? Tablecloth? Any and all of these things, and probably a few more I've forgotten. You definitely cannot say that about your traditional towel. The wide versatility allows you to save money on other products, make room in your house for quality items you will actually use, and help the planet by consuming less.
4. Quick-drying. Due to their light nature, they are always up for a speedy air-dry, saving electricity and being a little kinder to Mother Earth. This quality also makes them wonderful for travel and those on-the-go.
5. Eco-friendly. I've already touched on some reasons that Turkish towels are friendlier to our planet than regular bath towels, but that does not mean all Turkish towels are created equal. Green Bohème only carries towels made from sustainably grown cotton; and the colourfast dye used to create the beautiful designs is Oeko-Tex certified, which means you can be sure that your towels are certified free of harmful chemicals and are safe for human use.
Shop Green Bohème's selection of Turkish towels here.
#turkishtowel #towelwrap #bathtowel #hammamtowel #textiles #towelstyle #turkishtowel #luxurytowel #handwoven #cottontowel #bathtowel #beachtowel